A Bref Double Poem
Her résumé looks quite impressive,
the world thinks that she is bright and smart,
although she’s not really that clever,
as a worker, she’s extremely keen.
Her garden is always well tended,
with her housework she is obsessive
and she scrubs up well, that I can tell,
she likes ev’rything pristine and clean.
Her shell is rough, tough on the outside
and extremely difficult to crack,
but she has a very soft boiled heart.
You should know exactly what I mean.
Appearances can be deceptive
I see her when she’s falling apart.
Another Doggy Ditty using my theme “Only Human” which I hope to be able to use throughout this April PAD.
Here are the rules for a bref double:
- 4 stanzas: 3 quatrains (or 4-line stanzas) and 1 couplet (or 2-line stanza)
- 3 rhymes: an A rhyme, B rhyme, and C rhyme
- The A and B rhymes appear twice in the first 3 stanzas and once each in the couplet
- The C rhyme is the final line in each of the quatrains
- Each poem has a variable line length, but the lines should be consistent within each poem